Saturday, June 25, 2011

Explanation

So, I kind of stole this idea from a movie...or two. Mostly I've stolen it from Heavenly Creatures, and partially from A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (although I probably won't really be focusing on the saints inspired by that movie in this blog). Anyway, I'm not really religious, but I am spiritual. So, like the girls in Heavenly Creatures (don't worry, I'm not going to commit brutal matricide) I'm going to take people that I find inspirational, influential, and that I feel a deep connection to, and make them into my "saints". Although I'm making lists of famous or widely known individuals as well as of people I know personally, this blog will mostly focus on those who are not part of my everyday life. I am going to actually have rules as to how one becomes one of my saints (slightly mirrored after the catholic church's process) which I will elaborate on in a later post. However there are seven amazing people who I feel have already established themselves in my life as saints that get to bypass the sainthood process. I intend to spotlight them in individual posts later on, but for now, here they are:

Alan Ball - Writer of American Beauty and Head Writer/Creator of Six Feet Under.

Frederic Bazille - Pre-Impressionist Painter (notable works include Summer Scene (1870) and Fisherman With a Net (1869))

J.K. Rowling - Writer of the Harry Potter series

Jason Robert Brown - Musical composer of Songs for a New World, The Last 5 Years, and Parade

Kate Winslet - 6-time Oscar nominated actress (Sense and Sensibility, Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Iris, Little Children, and The Reader for which she won Best Actress in a Leading Role)

Lady Gaga - American pop music artist (some notable songs include Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Poker Face, Telephone, Born This Way, You and I, and Edge of Glory)

Stephen Sondheim - Influential musical composer whose work spans five decades (some notable works include Into the Woods, Sunday in the Park with George, Sweeney Todd, Assassins, Company, and Passion)

No comments:

Post a Comment